Repeat Prescriptions

Please note we can only take telephone requests for housebound patients.

To order a repeat prescription please place your request in the correct prescription box in the foyer of the Health Centre. You do not need to enter the building.

You can also register for our online services and order via the link at the top of this page.

To avoid any risk of error we ask for a written request at least two working days in advance. In most cases you will be given a special computer slip for you to indicate the items required with a tick (please note that any item not ticked will not be prescribed).


NHS Charges

Most adults in England have to pay prescription charges.

Some items are always free, including contraceptives and medicines prescribed for hospital inpatients.

The current prescription charge is £9.65 per item.

A prescription prepayment certificate (PPC) could save you money on NHS prescription costs:

  • a 3-month PPC costs £31.25
  • a 12-month PPC is £111.60
  • a 12-month PPC for hormone replacement therapy (HRT) only is £19.30

Find out how to save money with a PPC

Other costs:

  • a surgical bra is £31.70
  • an abdominal or spinal support is £47.80
  • a stock acrylic wig is £78.15
  • a partial human hair wig is £207.00
  • a full bespoke human hair wig is £302.70

Get a prescription prepayment certificate: Get a prescription prepayment certificate - GOV.UK (

Who can get free prescriptions, click this box to find out if you are eligible

You can get free NHS prescriptions if, at the time the prescription is dispensed, you:

You can get free NHS prescriptions if, at the time the prescription is dispensed, you:

You're also entitled to free prescriptions if you or your partner (including civil partner) receive, or you're under the age of 20 and the dependant of someone receiving:

  • Income Support
  • income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
  • income-related Employment and Support Allowance
  • Pension Credit Guarantee Credit
  • Universal Credit and meet the criteria

If you're entitled to or named on:

  • a valid NHS tax credit exemption certificate – if you do not have a certificate, you can show your award notice. You qualify if you get Child Tax Credits, Working Tax Credits with a disability element (or both), and have income for tax credit purposes of £15,276 or less
  • a valid NHS certificate for full help with health costs (HC2)