If you've been:
• to Wuhan or Hubei Province in China in the last 14 days
(even if you do not have symptoms)
• to other parts of China, including Macau and Hong Kong, in the last 14 days and
have a cough, high temperature or shortness of breath (even if it's mild)
• to Thailand, Japan, Taiwan, Singapore, Republic of Korea or Malaysia in the last
14 days and have a cough, high temperature or shortness of breath (even if it's
• in close contact with someone with confirmed coronavirus
Do not go to a GP surgery, community pharmacy or hospital.
Call NHS 111 and stay indoors
avoid close contact with other people.
HOW TO GET HELP OUTSIDE OF SURGERY HOURS
DIAL 999 FOR ALL LIFE THREATENING CONDITIONS
DIAL NHS 111 FOR ALL OTHER CONDITIONS
You can see a GP locally at North ST Medical Care or Rosewood Medical Centre by contacting
THE HAVERING HUB on 0203 770 1888.
FOR LESS URGENT HEALTH CARE NEEDS, YOU CAN SPEAK TO YOUR LOCAL PHARMACY.
The Harold Wood Polyclinic, St Clements Avenue, Off Gubbins Lane, Harold Wood , Essex, RM3 0FE.
Monday - Sunday. 8.00-19.30pm
Contact no. 0300 300 1573
The Polyclinic offer a walk in service for all minor aliments.
Changes to prescribing and other services
To protect essential services in our area we have to make savings of £55 million and we must look at further reducing spending now. Local clinical commissioning groups (CCGs) recently held an eight week public consultation talking about some of the things we thought we could save money on.
A full breakdown of the proposals and what was approved is attached and is also now available on our websites:
Barking and Dagenham, Havering and Redbridge Clinical Commissioning Groups
CQC - Care Quality Commission
Inspection Report. April 2017 Rating Good
Telephone Review 2019.
Overall Rating : GOOD
Are Services safe? Good
Are services effective? Good
Are services caring? Good
Are services responsive to people's needs? Good
Are services well-led? Good
Drs Kuchhai & Saheecha are pleased to inform our patients that we met all the Standards required by the Care & Quality Commission. (CQC) For full results please click on the following link.
Practice Mission Statement
The Doctors and staff at The Health Centre & Heaton Avenue Surgery in Harold Hill are proud to offer the highest standard of patient-centred healthcare.
We run many clinics for the management of Chronic Diseases such as Asthma, COPD, Diabetes and offer a wide variety of other medical services including Antenatal and Postnatal Care, Childhood Vaccinations, Family Planning, Travel Vaccine and Well-person check-ups. We also provide Minor Surgery, Joint injections and Warfarin Clinic within the practice. Our surgery has experienced GP's with various specialities including; Mental Health, Diabetes and Family Planning.
In addition to everything you need to know about the practice you will also find a wealth of health-related information in the menu on the right hand side. Please have a look around and do send us some productive feedback if you like.
Patient Services On Line.
Download the NHS APP or PATIENT ACCESS APP to register to book appointments and Prescriptions on line.
points to remember
1. Select the correct surgery when booking
2. Prescription requests will not be ordered until the next working day and will be available for collection at the surgery two working days later.
Please check all medication on your Repeat prescription list and only order what you need. Please let us know if any medication is no longer required.
PTI & Staff Training
Once a month on the 2nd Tuesday of the month our doctors/nurses attend a Protected Training Initiative (PTI) where they have access to a range of training events.
On these days we do not have any afternoon surgeries, therefore from 13.00pm our telephone lines are diverted to our Out of hours provider NHS111.
Future PTI Dates TBA
To book an Appointment
Please call the dedicated appointment line at your surgery
Heaton Avenue 01708 386655 & The Health Centre 01708 348963
Monday, Tuesday and Friday's. 10.00 -12.00 & 5.00 -6.00pm.
Wednesday & Thursdays 10.00 - 12.00 noon.
Friends & Family Test
Have you visited the surgery recently? We would like to know if based on your recent visit, 'would you recommend us to your friends and family'. Please let us know by clicking on Friends and Family under the 'Have your say' menu on the right.
Surgery Opening Hours
Find out when our practice is open, what the GP consulting times are and what to do if you need help when the practice is closed. Find out more
Wednesday 1.00pm -18.30pm
The Health Centre is now open Wednesday afternoons 13.00 - 18.30pm
Heaton Avenue Surgery will remain closed during these hours
Register with the Practice
New to the area and would like to join our practice? Visit one of our two surgeries and speak with our reception staff who are always willing to help.
Patient's Reference Group
Patients of all age groups are encouraged to join the Patients Reference Group we are looking at particularly those aged 55 years and under as we need numbers to reflect the Patient Profile. In joining the group you agree to completeing an annual Practice survey. We will advise you when to complete a survey and when the results are published On-line.
To register click on Patients Guide to Services then Patient Group.
Data Protection Policy
The Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA) requires a clear direction on policy for security of information within the practice. The policy will provide direction on security against unauthorised access, unlawful processing, and loss or destruction of personal information. The following is a Statement of Policy which will apply.
- The practice is committed to security of patient and staff records.
- The practice will display a poster in the waiting room explaining to patients the practice policy (see below)
- The practice will make available a brochure on Access to Medical Records and Data Protection [*] for the information of patients.
- The practice will take steps to ensure that individual patient information is not deliberately or accidentally released or (by default) made available or accessible to a third party without the patient’s consent, unless otherwise legally compliant. This will include training on Confidentiality issues, DPA principles, working security procedures, and the application of Best practice in the workplace.
- The practice will undertake prudence in the use of, and testing of, arrangements for the backup and recovery of data in the event of an adverse event.
- The practice will maintain a system of “Significant Event Reporting” through a no-blame culture to capture and address incidents which threaten compliance.
- DPA issues will form part of the practice general procedures for the management of risk.
- Specific instructions will be documented within confidentiality and security instructions and will be promoted to all staff.
- Reviewed 28.2.2013
(Site updated 19/02/2020)